08 July 2007

Tim Tam Slam!




This is for you Sarah Dear. Guess what we're doing here?!?! I was one of the only Americans who could do without hands!!!

My luggage got here!!! I've never been so excited to see my luggage! They totally broke the wheel off my pin stripe burton bag but I don't care I was so excited to get in clean clothes and wear deodorant. I'm excited to go to bed with my sleeping bag and blankets.

I had an extremely encouraging letter in my bag that I'd been tearfully waiting for. And I've had some really encouraging conversations. One of my leaders went to onething a few years ago so we were just spilling about how amazing it is. And just a lot of really cool conversations. One thing God keeps telling me is I am beautiful which you don't know how hard that is for me to accept. Especially when I felt so disgusting in dirty clothes. I think thou, it was better for me to be a day without my things. I was totally out of my zone and had really nothing to cling to except my Jesus. Although first I turned to tears before Him, it was a unique experience now that I look back on it. It is really crazy to be part of this romance with Him. I got this letter about how in love with me He is and then we had our first time of worship just us which was amazing and we sang that song "And I'm madly in love with you, and I'm madly in love with you." Just over and over and over again and wow. This like almost scandalous romance, really I almost feel...I don't know is it ok that we love each other like this? Yes, I suppose it is.

So this is YWAM...we had leaders testimony's tonight and introduction-y type stuff. More formalities and things like that tomorrow.

Love and blessings.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

boy oh boy do I miss those glass mugs. I'm so glad to see you doing the slam! You are amazing...and yes, you are freaking beautiful. But I tell you that more than anyone I know. I hung out with Alex tonight and she said she's a horrible friend for not seeing you before you left. I agreed. ha cha cha.
Love you Mandizzle!