07 July 2007

Oxford

Well I'm here. The first few hours were extremely hard on me. They lost my luggage in LA so it was really hard to unpack and make myself at home without anything that actually belonged to me. Thankfully my small group leader Jenn borrowed me some junk to get me through the shower and a shoulder when I needed to just break down for a while.

It's getting much better already. We have a couple different buildings and I live in the main house with lets see there's 4 girls in my room, 6 in the next, Jenn and Laura and then a bunch of guys in the other wing. Theres a I think 4 other girls in the main base too. With almost everyone here it's getting easy to find a group to sit and talk with. Most of us house girls have hit it off really well. There's 3 of us Midwest girls, me, Bitsy (Shy-Town) and Jenn.

Jenn went to the airport to pick up the last girl from my small group and she's going to check my luggage, if she can't catch it then they should have it delivered by tomorrow for sure. Which is wonderful, I stink already, I want my Jenny's blanket, and I need some base layer, it's frickin freezing. It's to dang bad if your an American and don't like tea, you'll like it after 12 hours here...you better or you'll freeze.

Everyone should get skype. Everyone says I need it, you talk thru the computer long distance and it's free. Like instance messenger but with voice.

We don't actually start anything until tomorrow afternoon so we're mostly just messing around, getting to know each other. You should hear all the accents.

I still can't believe I'm here.
I still can't believe I'm doing this.
But my God is here, already, even in the fear and the insecurity He finds me. Always.

Much love from my side of the world at the frozen bottom of the mountains.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh yeah baby. You are awesome. Well, God is awesome! I don't know how many times I've said this, but I'm going to say it again...I'm so excited for you! And yes, you do learn to love tea. Not just cause it's cold, but because it's New Zealand. Will you be having tea time every day? We had two of them! One in the morning and one at night called "supper".
I miss you Mandi!