14 July 2007

Mt. Hutt

So snowboarding in MN is kind of like only knowing gas station instant coffee and enjoying it because it's coffee how could you not but maybe you think something out there is better and then someone introduces you to Starbucks and it blows your mind. Is this really coffee? That's what snowboarding here is like. 45 minutes into the ride to Mt. Hutt I had my head inbetween my knees crying because I was so scared. It's up in the Mountains, think like past the tree line and we're on the road of death! And I'm getting dressed scared out of my mind.

Fast forward 2 hours and you have my on the mountain...I fly thru the shadows and into the sun and I could not breath. And it all just clicked, the beauty and hugeness of it all made me speechless. It was like God says "Why do you think I brought you here?"

Anyways I have to say, snowboarding in MN might be impossible after living here. One of my leaders slashed his knee open and had to get stiches (they do that right at the lodge in NZ) and our other leader cut his nose open and one of our girls who stayed back at base as weekend warrior ended up in the ER after a trampoline accident. So keep our safty and protection in your prayers if you could.

I just think it's kind of hilarious that my best friend was lifeguarding in 100 and something degree weather and I'm here boarding. In July! It was beyond was I can explain.

YWAM is just, this is...I get speechless like this a lot lately. I miss you all. I'm getting a calling card Monday which is Sunday for y'all so if you get some weird call with like 15 digits answer, it's me.

No comments: