18 July 2007

Quick Update!

Hey Guys-
I've gotten a few requests for a big long update and that's not what this will be but I'll try to fill you in quickly. (I have an hour before small group starts and I stayed up late watching "A Walk To Remember" so I want to squeeze in a nap).

Things are going wonderfully. Wonderfully I mean we're loved by a wonderful God, things aren't always fun but His will is perfect.

I just ate lamb for the first time and I think I might throw up now that it's like sitting in me and I know I have to walk back home and look at live sheep across the street...ugh. Last night for dinner we had "fish pies"...well I had one bite and then we ran to the store up the street and bought stuff for s'mores. Bring on the fasting!

I have started lectures so here's basically what my day looks like
615 the alarm goes off and I push snooze :)
620 I get out of bed.
630 the lights get turned on in our room and quiet time starts. Most of the time I'll sit up in my bed and read with my iPod but sometimes I'll go into our lounge and read in front of the fire.
730 is breakfast. Everyone who lives at the highstreet house eats breakfast there so we're usually talking and laughing by now. Staffs back from there meeting and Jenn, Laura, Ben and Dave eat with us (since they live with us)
800 we have to be at work duties. I come to the main base and help chop veggies for lunch.
845 we have to be at the church up the street for morning stuff, mondays are intercession, tuesdays is Bible study groups, wednesday is intercession(but we go for a half hour longer on wednesdays so we don't have work duties) thursdays is worship and fridays is...I don't know what.
10 Lectures start.
1130 We have tea break.
1150 We go back into lecture
1250 we go back to the house for lunch at one
2-5 Afterlunch Mondays we have community work duties which are the like other chores around the town, Tuesdays we have free afternoons and staff has there BLS classes, Wednesdays we have outreach prep (And Jenn and I have our officall one on one time) Thursdays we have small groups and Fridays we have free afternoon.
6 We eat dinner.
Afterdinnner on Mondays we have worship, Tuesdays nights we have World Awarness and Missions nights, Wednesday we have free, Thursdays are sports night and Friday nights we go into Christchurch to shop and hang out and then do evangalism ministrys until well in my case early saturday morning.
Saturdays we snowboard except me this weekend, I'm weekend warrior which means I have to stay back and help cook and clean so everyone else can snowboard. We all have to do it once.
Sundays we go to church, eat and act like crazy people trying to get journals done. Nights we mostly eat each others snacks and watch movies on someones lap top or hang out.

I decied Tuesday I want to read the whole Bible in a month so now I've added a whole lot more quiet time to my day so most of my free time is spent in the word but I find time to hang out and build relationships too.

God is so so good. I do mean to call and I have a phone card now with a couple hundred minutes, I'll try to get on the phone on Saturday to call back while everyone is out riding and I bought a bunch of post cards that I do mean to send out to y'all. I miss you, but life is crazy busy and I LOVE it. God is good, He is so real and so amazing.

I've got a lot of battling to do in the next few weeks for my freedom in Him, that much is obvious but the Lord is good, His grace is sufficent for me (2 Cor.)

Cheers!

2 comments:

mom-mmm said...

Hi sweetheart....WOW!!!!!! I am sooo proud of you !!!...I miss you lots!!! God Bless you and keep you close...
I LOVE YOU!!!!!OOOOOXXXXXOOO

Sarah said...

you are officially a Kiwi...besides the getting sick after eating lamb thing.

I am officially in an uphill battle as well, but you are correct, God is good. His ways are not our ways. I just wish we could see the big picture like Him.

I miss you and sorry, I haven't sent that card yet. I am a horrible friend, but it will be sent out by Monday ( your time ) so it'll get to you by the next Monday hopefully...

I'll be praying for you tonight babe.