11 July 2007

Staffs Out!

Today has been a wonderful day (staff is gone tonight so if you've been through YWAM you can go ahead and guess at the state of my base tonight).

This mornings I had a very great quiet time. Might help my that as I was getting out of my bed my roommate sent me back up into bed so she could get out the guitar and sing me the wake up song. Haha ok actually it was really good. I was reading that verse that says "Taste and see that the Lord is good," and of course I can't find the refrence now but it just totally hit me how real that is for me now and it reminded me of all the new foods. Some of them look really amazing and taste awful and some of them I have not wanted to eat but I tried it and it was super good. (I'm due for my first bite of lamb on Friday when we go into Christchurch) but it just reminded me how I have to be like that with the Lord and this faith and all these new things I'm forced to trust and put my faith in. "Taste and see," I have to take that first step, I have to step out and allow Him to show me He is indeed good.

I had my first one on one today. (Meeting with my small group leader for those of you who don't speak YWAM) and it was really good. I guess I'm really learning to trust Jenn and allow God to love me through her and trust her guidance and wisdom in this place. Yea, I love her. She is wonderful.

Then this afternoon Laura gave a lecture about the holy of holies and how we are the new temple of the Holy Spirit and she used a chunk of verses from Ephesians that almost made me lose my breath.

"...as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splenor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing that she might be holy and without blemish."

I'm learning to fall in love with the word...and this man Jesus, and these people. I must say I'm excited to go into Christchurch Friday to get a phone card. I miss hearing your voices.

No comments: