04 July 2008

That E-Mail

I guess it should have stung

But it didn't. 
Not even a little bit.
Not even at all.

I laughed.
At how grown up everything starts
to feel, once you've decided to 
stop acting like a child.
And how everyone else seems to 
look like one.

How dramatic everything must be
when you decide to pursue 
simplicity.
Like getting Thanksgiving Dinner 
when all you wanted was a cracker.

The worst liars
are the people no one thought
would ever lie.

The best decoders
are ex liars.

The most selfish people are not the ones
who think of themselves first.
But the ones who think
always and only
of 
them-self.

It didn't sting.
I only wish I could have said 
it first.
Except I still think
there is something wrong
with ever saying it.

I think part of it 
goes against our humanity.
Trying to go backwards in something
that's meant to go forward.
Like walking down the up
escalator. 
Or fireworks in sunlight
In December.
It can't work because it's not 
supposed to happen.

Or laughing
When you should be 

crying.




No comments: