31 July 2008

I could see the gray through my wonderfully lovely, wonderfully perfect, beautiful blinds. Why do the younger kids always get hot, beautiful, sunny days for their swimming field trips and we are yet to have a day when we can even complete the trip? We're supposed to be at Bunker Beach today...I have to go in at 10 regardless. Morning staff will leave at noon. I'll be there until 6. 

I still love my blinds.

My greatest K9 friend and I have worked out a new morning routine... After Jenny leaves for work he comes and lays at my door. When my alarm goes off I'll give him cuddles and hit the shower. He transplants himself to the outside of the bathroom door. When I get back in my room he'll jump on my bed for the 5 minutes it takes me to take my medicine, get lotion, etc. Then he goes back to his spot outside my door while I make my bed. Something about it scares him I guess. He knows when my fussy is thrown on I'm finished and he runs and jumps back on an is asleep until I either climb back into bed or leave for work. 

I love him. 

I love predictable things.

Sometimes things make sense that way.

I got a letter from friends in Turkey. The Turkish church and Turkish Christians have come under serious attack in the last few months/weeks. Sometimes being such a loud mouth, spoilt American makes me feel so helpless. 

No comments: