09 July 2008

A Few Of My Favorite Things From Yesterday When I Was To Tired To Write It

Understanding Jesus because of a 3 year old. 

I never understood what it meant when people say
that Jesus' greatest pleasure is when we take joy in 
Him. It never clicked in my head until today when 
Izze ran to me and I realized, her desiring me
is one of my greatest joys. Her finding safety 
in my arms is one of the things of which I am most
proud. I am never too busy to lay down and cuddle
her to sleep. Then I took it one level deeper, if my niece
ever did something that the punishment was death
I would BEG someone to let me die in her place.

"And if you who are sinful can give your children good gifts, how
much more your Father who is in Heaven?"

Indian Food

It's such a comfort food. That is perfectly acceptable
to eat with your fingers. And it takes a long time
to eat, no matter how you eat it. So eating with a friend
is the best.

Birthday Gifts in July when your birthday is in March


And new journals and knowing no matter when or why
it will always be a journal and it will never
be the same. And learning Yiddish with my Jewish
sister.

Sarah

Sarah is one of the amazing people in my life.
When I'm with her I can talk and talk and talk
and she does not have to say anything but things 
start to make sense. And she encourages
and inspires and her successes make me feel like 
we've won, as a people. Like we're closer. Like we're 
doing something for the Kingdom. With Sarah I can be me.

"It's people like you and stories like yours that make me wonder
how anyone could ever say there is no God." 

Thanks.

Iron Man

Going to movies until Midnight at the cheap theater
with Diet Coke.
Movies that are so "unrealistic" but so painfully
true. 
And letting an ex-drug addict be a super hero.
And showing the world who chooses not to see
Redemption is
real.

Counseling 

And not being ashamed to say I go.
And God is moving MOUNTAINS!
And being so sure that nothing can 
change that. And being able to believe
the things that are said there.
And being SO SURE that no one and nothing
not even death
can take that away!

My name

My Mom wanted to name me Samantha.
It means Princess.
It would have fit, I think.
At last minute my Dad said it must be Amanda.
Yesterday God told me He works all things.
Even through evil He named me and claimed
me. And everyone is Beloved.
But I am literally, Latin, Beloved.

My name is AMANDA.

Mom 

 Praying and fasting together. 
And knowing that I am everything 
she dreamed I would be
when she held me for the first time.
And being able to say, this is the relationship
I dreamed I would have with her
someday.

Jon

Who is proud of me no matter
what team I cheer for.
Who makes me want to say "Dad" again.
Who wants to give me nice things
and be someone I'm proud of.
Who makes me laugh.

Shingling Roofs

Or it will be. Saturday when I do.
And laughing because both my Mom and I 
are going as an excuse to get sun
and tone up our arms.
And wanting to learn because
I will build a house someday.

Early Mornings

8 mile walks alone with my iPod before
it gets too hot.
Laughing at how "random" shuffle is.
And knowing He's grinning cause He's picking
out my iPod songs. That would be
my man wouldn't' it?
And coffee waiting when I get back.

Mornings are lovely.



And that other thing...
And knowing if you have dreams that
you could accomplish on your own
your dreaming too small.

Hoping I don't look too giddy.



 

No comments: