04 July 2008

Legally

It scares me.

A little...

But not at all.

Mostly because 7 to 11 is 5.
5 days.
5 shifts.
5 nights.
5 phone calls.

Until I'm finally free.

Because a slave is free the moment he escapes.
But is he really free if the plantation 
owner does not he's gone?

What about the moment when they 
finally reach Cairo, and step off
that boat to free land?
A free state.
A free life.

What about that moment.
What about that call.
A legal bind.
A legal break.

It makes me wish we
had mountains
or places high.
Places where I can scream
and jump.

Cliff jumping.
Sky diving.
Free falling.

Anything that would give
my blood 
and nerves
and muscles 
and bones
a place and a moment

to celebrate the way they 
deserve.

They are free.
We are free.
I am one.

I am safe.


I am 
Sound.



No comments: