28 August 2012

What's more fun than shots?

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/3M3K7?psid=ac595ef539134acf96d161f3d501c040

One of the leaders from my DTS, Seth has set up a fundraiser to help raise money for my outreach!

This has been a HUGE encouragement to me. Actually any and all encouragement from him and another one of my staff Jess has been huge because it just means something different coming from someone who has been here, someone who has (literally) walked this road.

Today we took the whole school in to get the travel vaccinations needed for outreach. (I opted out of the Typhoid shot because of finances). But they all took it like a champ and we managed to swing by Brighton Beach on the way home. How can your mood not be lifted by a quick trip to dip your toes in the ocean?

Tonight we watched a documentary on Jonestown and Jim Jones cult. We watched it as an example of what life without Jesus, and evangelism done REALLY REALLY wrong can look like. Our speaker, Steve wanted us to look out for key phrases that would lead a person down that road. "It was there that everyone felt totally and extremely valuable." "It was with them that I finally felt accepted, that I was finally home." All the things that we as the church are supposed to be and provide for a hurting world....It was a really dark movie and afterwards we ended up breaking into a pretty sweet little worship session celebrating what freedom Jesus brings us. Man, I am so blessed that I serve a Father who promises me a HOPE and A FUTURE. I think it really helped to ignite a passion and a furver for the lost. Without Him, I am so lost. Without Him, the world is so lost.

Tomorrow we've got multiple medical visits both in Rangiora and Christchurch. Prayers for answers for what is going on with Sarah's ear, protection and blessing as Kathryn gets her cast off and continued healing of Sophie Joy's arm.

Please continue to pray for my finances as we head into the last week before outreach. (I will post an updated total this weekend after I speak with our accountant). Also continued prayer for the Snowboarders school. That God would give us the stamina and the strength to finish the lecture phase strong, that our outreach preparation would be positive and beneficial and honoring to His heart and that God would continue to rock us in unique and life changing ways.

No comments: