07 August 2012

Tick Tick Tick Tick

"Mandi, stop challenging me, my head is going to explode." -Alyssa. 

In so many ways I feel like I've done my job if I can hear that said. Life has continued to roll on here in Oxford. We're towards the end of Angels and Mortals week. It's kind of like YWAM's version of Secret Santa with the great reveal Thursday night at the Love Feast. Today I was INCREDIBLY blessed when I woke up to find two videos posted to my Facebook wall from my sisters and nieces. I can't explain what perfect timing it was today to see and hear all four of my girls in one frame. My little Izze girl who is not actually so little at all. I can't believe how much she has grown, even her little face looks more and more like a big girl and not my baby. Not to mention my little Faithy Lou who looks nothing like this skinny little new born I've only held a few times. She's got this perfect little round head and really bright, bright blue eyes. Everyone says she's really got this cute little, funny, make everyone laugh personality. (Sounds like her Daddy to me!) The night before my "Angel" had had all the guys on our school write me a note of encouragement. Every single one of them called me their big sister; that was SUCH a blessing to my heart. 

We had our first outreach meeting this evening with our teams. It is official that our team will be spending 3 weeks in Queenstown, New Zealand on the snowboard outreach and then 5 weeks in Malaysia on a traditional outreach. I'm honored to be co-leading with Tack and completely faithful in God's grace in picking our team. I'm humbly anticipating great things from them and our wonderful Father in this time. And man, to be honest I'm just getting really excited for it. What an awesome privilege, to be sharing this good news of great love that has brought me all the way to the bottom of the planet to learn, live and love with some of the best people I have ever known. Let's do this!

Speaking of best people, let me say again how much I love, respect and honor Steven and Tack. (The two other SDTS staff). These "little brothers" of mine are actually amazingly capable, anointed, powerful, caring, gentle men of God. I do not know where I would be today if I was not uniquely paired up to live this thing with that. We always find it hilarious when we do personality tests in our leadership school at how well we fit together. It is always so obvious in those times how faithful God was in picking us to lead this thing together. These guys are strong, brave and just funny. I know so often in life, work or ministry people will tell you, I'm for you, I'm in this with you, I'm fighting for you. I don't need to doubt that in these guys because I see it lived out in them everyday. As much as God has been incredibly faithful to His person and purpose in this time He has been so faithful in the men he has brought alongside me in this journey. I love these two guys more than they know!

Thank you again for all the love, support and prayers along the way. I've been super encouraged in my heart this week by really awesome conversations with my family here in New Zealand but also by cool conversations with my Mama, my sister Jess and should be "sister' Heather this week. I love that God still works through relationships even when we are super far away. 

Please be in prayer continually and especially in the next day as I take Kathryn and Sophie back into the hospital for follow ups for the injuries. That healing would be quick and successful. That the casts would stay still and solid so that bones could heal exactly as they should for Kathryn. For Sophie that the plates and screws would fuse to the bone as they should and her incisions would heal quickly and cleanly, that the stiches would hold and heal and that Doctors would have wisdom for the long term. That both girls would be without pain and be able to sleep well. 

BLESSINGS~

No comments: