31 August 2012

Faithful provider!

I stand (or sit...in the downstairs library surrounded by four of my outreach teammates) in total...I don't know if "shock" is the right word....I sit in awe of the faithfulness of my Father.

Through the generosity of anonymous donors here in New Zealand. People living with me in this place and walking this journey with me, along with some of their loved ones, my loved ones at home, old staff members of mine who walked this journey with me back when I was a student and total strangers my outreach funds have come in!!! Thank you so, so much for the amazing generosity I have been shown. Words don't come close to how much you're obedience and ability to sacrifice has taught me about the faithful of God. The abundance of His riches. The joy He finds in lavishing good gifts on His children. I am blessed beyond belief! By a Heavenly Father and by flesh and blood family. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

As if I should be surprised in the slightest, God has been faithful to the utmost of my heart, my head, my journey here. To see His plan continue to go forward through those who love me and Him. Man, there is just so much confidence tonight. So much confidence, in what I'm doing and why. Because He cares! He loves me! He cares me for me and He knows my fears and my desires.

Praise! Both my girls are out of casts. Sophie came with us this week to get Kathryn's cast off on Wednesday in hopes that we could reschedule her appointment for something that would work better with our plans to leave for outreach when doctors decided she was ready to come out of the cast too. Her x-rays look really good, the metal plates and screws have all stayed in place and things look to be healing well. Please continue to pray for her against frustration as she learns what the new normal for her arm will be and deals with the not always pleasant physio therapy once we get to Queenstown. Kathryn's arm looks fabulous on x-ray and it starting to loosen up and get back to normal movement.

Tonight we had a BBQ with the SFC (Snowboarders For Christ) crew for the last weekend here in New Zealand (for part of the school, part of us is staying). I played 3 on 3 basketball with some of our crew. Jennifer Lee you would be so proud of me! I played big D and took a few hits that would make you cheer! Tomorrow everyone is waking up early to head out for a surprise day away that requires "togs, gogs and jandles" or swimsuits, goggles and sandles....wonder what we could be doing.... :)

Please continue to pray for us as we spend our last week together as a school here in Oxford. Next week this time my team will be pulling into Queenstown and getting ready to hit the ground running on our first day of outreach. Prayers for amazing ministry opportunities, safety and blessing as we battle for the Kingdom in this place.





No comments: