16 August 2012

Can you help me?

It is that time of the school. Where we've announced the outreach teams, started training and had the inevitable finance talk....

For those of your who didn't see the last blog I am co-leading our dual outreach to Queenstown and Malaysia. In September we will be heading down to the south of New Zealand to do outreach in Queenstown. Tack will be leading our team there, working with Snowboarders for Christ, Freedom Church, Lighthouse Church in Wanaka, and some youth ministries down there. The vision for us going to Queenstown for part of our outreach is to become a presence in that place. To get name YWAM known in Queenstown and set a precedence of God's growth, power and presence in having us and eventually a whole base down there. We're going to be spiritually tilling the ground and preparing that place to have a school. In October then we will be heading to Malaysia. We'll be meeting up with the YWAM school that is running there and do ministry with their base. We'll be working with children's ministries, street ministries and supporting the long term missionaries that are there. We also have an incredibly musical team, with an insane amount of talent so I'm very interested to see how God is going to use us creatively in that way. After doing personality tests earlier last week and starting our team meetings we've realized we are working with a very, very relational team. All of us function highly in the relational portions of our brain and I'm excited for what that means when it comes to ministering out of the heart of God's love for His people.

The biggest need right now is for finances. We're planning on purchasing plane tickets for teams this week and there is still some big needs within our school and our team specifically. I am still in need of $1486 USD for my portion of my outreach fees. Two of the other girls on my team are also short of the total monies needed. In this time I am asking people to please pray diligently about supporting me financially on my journey leading the team to Queenstown and Malaysia. I'm at the half way point right now and I know that God has been faithful to the ump-tenth degree. I know and am confidant that he will continue to provide for every need both for me personally and for my dear team. I am asking that you would please consider supporting God's call to missions in my life. I know that about $1500 seems like a lot of money in this time, especially when I am working in a job that does not have a payroll. I know that right now I am completely reliant on God's provision through miraculous means and through the prayer and support of those who know and love me. If you would like to support me in this time there are a couple ways, you can donate online through my paypal. (There is a link in the upper right corner of the blog). You can donate through the YWAM website (add my name in the memo) www.ywamoxford.org or you can send a personal check written to me or YWAM Oxford to
Mandi Stavnaw
PO Box 47
Oxford North Canterbury
New Zealand 7443

Please consider helping me in this journey!! All monies will go towards my outreach fees and be used with integrity. Thank you for joining this adventure!

Pictures from the half way point- Love Feast





No comments: