16 May 2012

A week out...

A week from today I will be getting ready to take off the second leg of my 2 day journey to New Zealand. There are a lot of thoughts and emotions this week. If you have been praying for me this week, PLEASE KEEP GOING! Your prayers and your thoughts and wisdom have been felt and appreciated. Last week I was an emotional mess, literally I could only go a few hours without bawling. I was racked by fear, anxiety, nervousness, and doubt. This week while I am still incredibly nervous and anxious there is an odd sense of calm, comfort and even excitement maybe? I know this is the new season God has for me and while the next week is going to be emotional because I am so blessed by such amazing relationships and community here in Minnesota I know I am journeying into an amazing adventure with the Lord right now. The blessings and favor has poured out again and again! Financial support is almost all in! I'm only about $1200 short of the total needed! This has been a tornado of a week.... This past weekend I was personal attendant for my dear friends Nicole and Jon's wedding.
I don't know what it is about weddings. When I left in 2007 my Mom married Jon less than a week before I left and now Nicole and Jon. I don't know if it's just a fluke or if there is a little wink from God that these wonderful and beautiful glimpses into the Kingdom just keep happening around major leaps for me. 
At the end of the weekend I got to spend a last sort of "normal" Sunday with my best friend;  Doing and cherishing the normal routine.   I've realized that lately, I LOVE routine! I love and find security in knowing what's coming next, knowing what to expect, etc. I think part of my fear in this new venture is I know I'm going to lose my current routine and I don't yet know what my new one will be. (Thankfully I know for any school to run smoothly there will be a routine. I just don't know what it is). But I also realize there are going to be times when I need to let go and let things happen as they will. 

AND THEN.... as you can see from the last entry...my newest and dear little niece Faith Isabelle came into the world on Monday at 11:01 AM. She is perfect, just as her older cousin is. It amazes me because I've said since she was born that I could never love anyone the way I love Izze and in a moment it felt like my heart grew even bigger and suddenly there was room for another tiny little being in there! She gave Sissy quite a battle but she is finally here. Safe, sound and beautiful! With long skinny fingers, huge checks and big pouty lips. As soon as I heard she was coming I just had one wish with her before I leave, I wished that I could hold her and Isabelle just once in my arms at the same time. Just to have both my girls in my arms once. And tonight I got that wish...
Isabelle Michelle and her new cousin named after her, Faith Isabelle. 
The most perfect little girls in the whole world! 

I was going to say, next week this time this new adventure will have started. I will have officially ended my time at Zanewood, packed, said goodbye to these precious little girls and their Mama's, cried my eyes out saying goodbye to Jen and gotten on the plane. But this adventure has already started. God is doing this. He is doing this...


1 comment:

the Mrs. said...

Is. 54:4-17
Praying God's peace and provision for you, that your faith would surpass your logic and worry would no longer be with you.
If the God of the whole earth is with you, what could you possibly have to worry about! :)