02 May 2012

Half is in!!

News worth celebrating: Last night a friend (whose fundraising for her own short term missions trip this summer) pledged the last $125! That pushed total funds raised to $2000 and I was able to email my church and let them know it was time to release the money they pledged unto New Zealand. Praise Him for answered prayer within 24 hours!!

This afternoon I realized once again that life happens anywhere, anytime. This afternoon both my car and my phone stopped functioning as they should, at the same time. Isabelle is hot, hungry and excited in my back seat. Her innocent questions and comments relentless. I'm hot, over tired, and at the gates of strep throat in the front. I could feel angry, stressed, overwhelmed tears threatening on the dark side of my sunglasses. In my heart I could hear a question, "How are you going to react?"

And I suppose that is the question that I will have to keep in the forefront of my mind in this season. None of any of this is what I had planned. None of this afternoon was anything I wanted to do or deal with. So much of my life is out of my control or unexpected and God is wanting to know, how am I going to react. At the end of the day do I believe scripture when it says my God has everything in control and that He works all things together for my good? My natural instinct is always emotion. I'm a feeler first and a planner second. I think tonight and I think the moving of my heart towards that question was a challenge to take two seconds and ask myself "How am I going to react? How are outward actions going to reflect my heart and my faith?" Am I going to take two seconds to be intentional about my choice instead of letting my emotions pop off immediately. Maybe a good cry is what's needed in the moment and maybe it's time to bit my tongue and get through the moment. I think tonight was a challenge to be intentional. To be intentionally in the huge mountain top, major moments in my life and in the quiet, private, stress induced moments on my own.



Prayers are always appreciated!

Tonight I'm praying for the rest of the $1200 needed for my flight would come in and I would be able to purchase my ticket at the cheapest rate possible. This would be a MAJOR stress relieved.
I'm praying that my car would be able to fixed as soon and as painlessly as possible.
I'm praying for a complete healing of my throat and body and that I would not be sick or distracted this weekend as BITSY IS COMING INTO TOWN!


No comments: