22 May 2012

Last night in MN

Well this is it, my last night in Minnesota for a while. My last night ever in this house. It's been a very short I suppose journey but filled with ups and downs as I've prepared for this crazy adventure. Right now I suppose I'm just so tired and worn out from crying that there's not much emotion left in me.

Today I took my sweet Izze girl out of school and we went to Mall of America to spend an afternoon just being with each other and making some sweet memories and spoiling my girl. At one point we headed down to the Sealife Aquarium and we're watching a woman feed the sting rays. They have built a small play structure in and around the tank, there are little clear domes the kids can crawl in and through to get an up close look at the sting rays. Above the tank there is a small walk way and a portion of it has a clear glass bottom. I stepped out and said how cool it was after Izze pointed it out to me. "Come here." I said and held my hand out to her. "I don't want to, I'm scared." She said. I held my hand out to her again and told her she needed to be brave; my hand was right there. And she did it. Without stopping to think about it, without weighing her options. She grabbed my hand and stepped out onto the glass and joined me.

And instantly I knew this was what God was asking me to do. We were no higher than 8 feet above the ground but to such a little girl I'm sure it felt much higher. And while it does seem scary to step out onto a floor that you can see right through, it was thick glass and there was a bottom. God's not asking me to walk on water right now. He knows I'm scared and that I don't want to journey into that fear. But He's holding His hand out and asking me to join Him on this glass bottomed floor...

If you have been praying please continue. The next few days will be full of challenges for me. I found out just this evening that weekly staff fees have gone up to $100/wk instead of $95 and while it does not seem that big of a jump over 17 weeks that's almost $100 I was not planning for. So please continue to lift my finances up in prayer, I'm still about $1200 short with this new total. (If you would feel lead to give you can use the PayPal link in the upper right corner). Also please pray for peace as I'm having to say "See you later" to the ones I love the most, as well as safe travels, peace at the airports and that my luggage would arrive safely and on time.

I am incredibly blessed by many, many loving, supportive relationships here in Minnesota that I will miss dearly. I'm excited for the plans God has for all of our lives this summer and the coming fall. Please continue to check back for updates. (Feel free to leave comments and encouragement :) Please also continue to pray for this journey. This is by far the most important need and request I have. Please, please continue to keep me in prayer through out this entire process.

Catch ya on the flip side!









1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.