29 October 2010

Night before...

In less then 12 hours I hope to be done with it. If I can hit my goal time I will be done with this race in 12 hours from now.

I'm nervous. Thoughts like what if I don't have it in me, what if I don't have what it takes, what if the desire to quit overrides the desire to finish?

I think I got most nervous when I went downtown to pick up my packet. Seeing my name on a bib that says "10 mile". It looks so big written down. I also to glimpse the finishers medal. So much of me is fighting for that medal. I've never had won. I've never won anything. The fear and not quite understand truly how much pain I will be in, in only a few hours are still outweighed right now by the desire to have that medal around my neck. To show up at the parade and show my little niece what her Auntie has done.

I want to do this thing. I really, really, really want to finish this. In under two hours. :)

No comments: