24 June 2012

We begin...


I struggle a little to write tonight because I've realized so much of both my successes and my struggles in this season will be very private, to our school, to our students and to me. But I very much want to include you all, who've been supporting me along the journey into this adventure as well. So I will try to be as sensitive to both parties as I can while still being me.


This morning as I sat down after worship in church I looked around and down the row from me and behind me were all our students and staff. It was just this very comforting moment, we're here, this is happening, God has brought us all safely together. This afternoon Steve and I went into Christchurch to pick up Toby which means that all our students are finally here and we've begun. We had our official welcome and kick off tonight. Us ladies sang and danced to "Ne te Atua" I was so proud of all our staff guys (Jeremy, Matt, Loren, Steve and Tack) and the Haka they worked so hard on. They were fierce and powerful and did it with excellence. So proud of my guys! 


Later in the evening the SDTS had a time of worship together and man the Lord moved. In mighty ways. My God is just so incredibly faithful. So faithful! In the turmoil of knowing my family at home is going through scary, tumultuous valleys I am reminded in divine ways that I am exactly where God has me for right now. I've seen fears and anxieties in myself be shattered in a matter of minutes. Seen my fellow staff, my brothers really just be released into powerful giftings, started to get to know a bunch of really rad, talented, loving guys and fallen in love with five amazing young women! This morning one of my girls had a miraculous healing of a food allergy she'd learned to live with. This evening we prayed healing and deliverance over two of them. I am so in awe of the courage, grace, spirit, humility and vulnerability of this school. On DAY ONE! 


Tomorrow we hit the ground running. I can tell you right now, this school during this time, is going to take all of me! Satan is crafty and his attacks are non discriminate. I continue to battle in the quiet place for my family at home and the pain and fear they are facing. Prayer for consistency and peace of mind for and in other relationships I am trying to continue to cultivate back home. Praying for strength and wisdom as my family moves and obvious prayers and blessings for my beloved Isabelle's 7th birthday this week! Prayers for health and safety as we head out snowboarding this week. Strength to walk this road with Sophie, Kathryn, Alyssa, Sarah and Janie. Wisdom to speak life and encouragement into the hearts of all our students. God's continued blessing of family on our staff team. Wisdom and humility to be a proper vessel of God's power and grace in this time.


This road has not gotten any easier and I no longer believe that it's going to. But I see it a little more clearly now. I see God's finger prints in the comings and goings of this thing, I see his miracles on an hourly basis now. I see His hands through the fog, hear his voice through the clatter.


A new season has begun...


No comments: