28 June 2012

Ok Lord, how do we proceed now?

We're coming up to the end of week one. What a ride!!

I think one of the biggest realizations I've had so far is, this is way harder than I thought it would be. Not that I don't love what I'm doing, not that I'm not blessed beyond belief but it's hard work. Every single second must be intentional, intentionally loving, intentionally speaking, intentionally going and coming and watching and praying. Being a member of the "Lord's army" and those cheesy little Sunday school songs take on whole new meaning when you must live as though any minute you could be pressed from every side and must be ready to stand and enter into battle with the evil one. I think at this point I do believe Kim and others who've told me you do learn more as a staff person than you do as a student. (Not that I'm not praying heaps of new wisdom and knowledge for my students).

I love Jesus. I really love my Lord who just is so perfectly obsessive over details because no matter what we're going to mess them up. I am convinced we can try as hard as we can to protect every portion of the wall and Satan is going to find the one crack to assault. And so you act, you move the troops over and protect the crack in the wall. And he keeps finding more and you keep moving the troops and fighting the battles as they come. That's kind of the essence of this life isn't it? That fighting won't be done until He's come. We wait with hope and joy and thankfulness, trying our best to be steadfast in the time being but so painfully aware of the heights from which we have fallen. I look at the things my students are struggling with, namely identity. God has such good purposes for people, for identity's, for the things that make us, us; our names. Satan is so crafty in the way that he chooses to manipulate those identity's into something that semi resembles the truth, that almost fits into the kingdom. But Satan's best lie is 99% the truth, it's that 1% that always has and always will separate. I'm so thankful to witness God being to shatter these false identity's and beliefs my brothers and sisters have been holding to. (I am continually thankful for years of amazing examples, awesome teaching, healing and deliverance in this area).

I am so thankful for my girls! SO immensely happy in who they are and blessed by their willingness and honesty in this time. I understand how rare it is to find a group of girls SO totally different from each other but so able to unite and live together in peace. I am just overwhelmed by the joy, humor, humbleness, peace, and grace each one of them brings to the table. As the first week wraps up we've had our first small group meeting, lots of one on one meetings, first groups belly laughs, late night conversations, etc.
**Specific prayer requests for my girls....Miss Sarah Lou broke her wrist on the mountain on Wednesday. They have her in a plaster cast right now that's partially cut to help with swelling. I have to take her in next Friday for more x-rays and to put on the full cast. I am praying for a complete healing of her bones so when they review the x-rays they will not need to cast her arm. Soph and Alyssa are both from the Colorado Springs area. There families are both safe at this time but Sophie's family has been put on pre-evac and Alyssa's family can see the smoke and darkness from their porch. Prayers that the fires would be put out quickly and the girls families and homes would be safe.

Wednesday was the first day on the mountain at Porters. The day started incredibly cloudy and windy. To the point where they stop the t-bar (which I HATE using) and if the wind slows down enough for you to look up from your scarf you can't see the person in front or behind you. After a few hours it did clear up though and the day ended well. Sarah girl attempted to hit her first rail though, which did not end well. I took her to ski patrol who said pretty definitively that she'd fractured her wrist and we should get her some x-rays. So we did some shifting of vans and I took Sarah and Janie back to base to switch into a car and unto Christchurch to get x-rayed, casted, and sent on a little adventure. (As I got lost on the way home). We're thankful for supernatural provision though as a man gave us free parking in the front row of the hospital and Sarah was seen immediately and in, xrayed, and casted within an hour and a half.

Yesterday was a two Segars day. Segars is a FABULOUS little cook school/cafe in Oxford. It's run by Jo Segar who started the Italian cook school there. It's a small little place that I only visited once when I was here for DTS. One of the best things about Segar's is it's atmosphere. (Not to mention central heating). For some reason it reminds me of IHOP (the house of prayer not pancakes). I don't know if it's the candles of what but some smell reminds me of IHOP and the soft lighting, quiet seating, etc. A wonderful little escape. So I went twice yesterday.... Once with 4 of my girls for a coffee/caramel fix and once just with one to get a good quiet conversation in. God bless Segar's!

Please continue to pray for me. My family at home. (My Izze girl will be 7 tomorrow my time!!!!!) I can't believe where time has gone. I know people say it all the time but I still remember walking into that hospital room and seeing my baby sister holding her baby. My Mom handing her to me the first time and knowing without ever having any conversation with her, without ever even seeing her whole body, just one look at her, one time of her in my arms and I would not think twice about giving my life for her. There is nothing she could ask me to do that I wouldn't do. She has my entire heart captured in her. I am so incredibly thankful for my Izze baby. So glad I'm her Auntie. I'm so thankful for the ways in which I understand God's heart of love for me because of my heart of love for her. "And if you then, who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children how much more will your Father give good gifts of those who ask him." Matthew 7:11. I am so proud of my girl, so happy in who she is, I miss her so much and am still as in love with that little person as I was the day I first held her!

So please pray some blessings on her new year. Her new home (along with the rest of my family who has moved), her Grandparents (who celebrate their anniversary on her birthday), her new cousin (whose getting bigger and cuter everyday) and her Great Grandfather who continues to battle major health issues.

And please pray for us here. Satan is crafty. Decisions are hard. But God is good, he is powerful and I know that I know that I know that I know that He has already won complete victory. He already has our lives planned and His will perfected. In my flesh I grow weary, in Him I do not worry.

Janie and Sarah at Christchurch hospital.

No comments: