10 June 2012

"Get some rest Cammi, you look tired."

Ways to bless missionaries:

  • Prayer
  • Emails
  • Financial Support
  • Skype Credit
  • Mail (handwritten letters, drawings, photos, ANYTHING handmade)
  • iTunes Credit
  • DVD's
  • Reese's Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal (Also good to be used as bribery with other staff members) ;)
  • Cheese Itz
  • Goldfish crackers
  • Sweedish Fish
  • Hot sauce
  • Ranch
  • Caribou/Dunn Bros coffee
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
A friend jokingly told me to put a list up here in case people are wondering of other ways I can be blessed right now. So there you have it, my favorite things from home that are send-able. 

This'll be short as today was probably my first "hard day" since being here. Nothing really to report other than today was the first day by heart felt heavy and my eyes started to feel heavy. It does not help that I don't feel the greatest and am working from a sleep deficiency. Today was a day that I really had to dig deep and trust God that His plan is perfect and powerful. It was hard today to believe there is a wonderful and powerful reason I am here tonight instead of in warm Minnesota holding my babies. But I know God's joy and promises are new every morning (and it's bed time so it must mean they are coming soon again!)

Today is one of our staff, Brenden "Tack's" birthday. Steve, Jenny and I woke up early to make him french toast and coffee. A friend of ours next door even invited us over after church so we could watch the Stanley Cup game for a good ole' Canadian boy's birthday. We went to church at the Baptist church here in Oxford (which is where my school used to have our lectures). It's amazing how different it looks after the remodel. Barely looks like the same place. They had some guest speakers down from Auckland this morning who had some powerful words for the congregation. 

Tomorrow starts our third week of staff training. Two more weeks before students arrive. Excited, nervous, full of anticipation and hope. 

Yes, tonight I am heading to be hopeful. God is a good God with good things to say, I'm excited to wake up to newness and joy in the morning. 

Blessings!











No comments: