24 April 2012

Other Things to Focus on...

Today I'm closer to leaving than I am to staying. I need to say that again...

Today I am closer to leaving that I am to staying. We past the month mark for the most part unscathed. I still checked kayak.com a million times yesterday to see if there would be a random drop of hundreds of dollars for the plane ticket (to no avail) and went to the Chimp movie with my sister, her best friend, and the little kids. Something is oddly comforting about passing that point...something feels like I've past the point o fno return. Like my brain is trying to tell my heart, "It's no use worrying anymore, now it's time to prepare."

Which put me in bed around 12:30 last night. Knowing I have twenty some odd days left in Minnesota, there are plenty of relationships I want to invest in before I leave for a while. Last night one of my best friends was texting from Chicago and asking what she could do to help me right now, I told her to pray and pray hard. To tell people about my story, get them praying and giving and finaly to get up here and hug me herself. ;) I should have told her to get up here quick and relieve my best friend Jen as well. Jenny has been so awesome the last month and some (don't get me wrong she's been great for the last 14 years but specifically the last month) as I've been accepted, prayed and struggled with my decision to go or stay, started to raise support and deal with opinion and ideas of people who don't agree. As I've struggled with lies from the enemy that I am too much or too little to do this thing. Almost daily she'll get a text seeking some affirmation, wisdom, truth or encouragment and without even stopping the pace of the day she's text back with just that. So much of who I am as a leader is because I have been at her side for last how many years as she's learned how to be one.

And I know in a few weeks I will wish my little terd was there to shove the musical Justin Bieber electric toothbrush in my face to wake me up but today? I just wanted to break it!

Izze, Jen and I. (The Bieber toothbrush is not pictured!!)

As always please continue to pray for this journey. And if you felt lead, give financially I am still $6000 short of the total finacial need.  THANKS!

No comments: