09 April 2012

The Official Letter

Dear Family and Friends,
I hope this letter finds everyone happy, healthy and enjoying a beautiful spring.I wanted to share with you the newest adventure God is taking me on. As most of you know in 2007 I was blessed to be a part of Youth With a Mission in New Zealand. Two weeks ago I was accepted to go back to New Zealand and staff this year's Snowboarders Discipleship Training School. I’ve being given a chance to help mentor and disciple a new generation of young missionaries. I am beyond excited, nervous, passionate, anxious and proud of be a part of YWAM again and what God is doing through their ministry. While the details have changed somewhat the school is in many ways the same. I will be heading to New Zealand in May to start staff training. In June, students will arrive and we will start the lecture phase of the school. This is the education, training, discipleship portion. In the fall we will split into smaller teams and head into the outreach phase of the school. Which is the practical, putting-the-previous-three-months into practice portion. Last year’s teams went to Turkey, India, Malaysia and Jordan.
One of the biggest obstacles in front of me right now is financial. There is physically no way I can do this on my own. Thankfully I trust in a God who does not expect me to. I know as I sit here tonight I’m not getting into New Zealand without God’s miracles through you. This is always the most humbling part of being in missions, asking people to prayerfully consider supporting financially. So I ask if you and your family would please consider supporting me in any capacity.
The first and most pressing need is for finances to purchase my flight into New Zealand along with travelers insurance which I have to have to enter the country. This will be about $1600.
The second need is for finances while in New Zealand. My base fees are $95/week. (Appx 17 weeks on base=$1650) Transportation/Activity Fee: $750 (Covers NZ transportation, school books, snowboarding costs, etc). $300 is needed for visa extensions and my New Zealand drivers license.
The third financial need is for my outreach fees due in July, $3750 (Flights to and from outreach country, room/board while abroad).
There are a few ways you can support financially. You can send a personal check written either to “YWAM Oxford” which will support all my base fees, activity fees and outreach fees or to me personally which will go to support my plane ticket, travelers insurance, visa extensions and license.
The last need and most important need is for prayer. There is a huge need, but all the money in the world could never compare to having a team at home journeying to New Zealand with me in prayer. Prayers for financial provision, protection, growth and most importantly that God would be known and honored amongst the nations. I am humbled and honored to walk this road. I am speechless at the blessings, encouragement, and joy that have already been poured out.


For those of you receiving this electronically and desire to donate or support financially please see the link on the upper left side of my blog home page. You support is appreciated more than you can know and makes this ministry a possibility. In His grace, hope, peace and truth,

Mandi





No comments: