14 September 2012

Reign down...


Today will mark the end of our first week here in Queenstown. Tonight we're going to work with a secular youth organization. This is going to be a really cool opportunity for our team to put life style ministry into practice. While we cannot go straight in with an evangelistic message our crew will be able to love on these youth; be that "cool" older person that just really wants to care for them, listen to them, hang out with them.  

We've had a lot of really awesome stories already. At the camp we are living at, this morning Tack ended up giving his Bible away to a Hindu man he ended up in a cool conversation with, Alyssa ended up meeting another Christian man who totally challenged her way of thinking about ministry. Yesterday we spent the afternoon ministering in Arrowtown. A little town 15 minutes from us built on the river after striking gold last century. A lot of our time here is spent in prayer, asking God where to go and what to do. I'm continually inspired by the faith and boldness of my little rag tag family. This Sunday we are going to be a part of four church services! Between worship, tech, testimonies and speaking. Next weekend I will be preaching as well! I'm thankful and challenged as I've been praying for creative outlets for God to let me honor him in creativity. 

While we love the rain because it means lots of new snow on the mountains, down here in the city it puts a damper on the ministries and things we can do. Today I'm sitting in a coffee shop next to the lake watching the pouring rain. It's beautiful in a reflective sort of way. I'm continually challenged in leadership and identity as God stretches me in new and sometimes unfamiliar ways. Sometimes there aren't enough words to explain this journey. I'm sometimes surprised by the consistency and unchangeable resolve of my God. He never changes, ever and yet all the time I am surprised by Him. There is never a time when He is not moving in my heart, whether it's an uncomfortable conviction, a peaceful reminder of His awesome creative power in this beautiful place or the reminder of the unsearchable depths of His love in a conversation with those I love. There is no rest and no escape from His power. No height or depth or opportunity outside of Him. 

I'm an completely, irrevocably, overwhelming loved by the most powerful entity of all creation...

What a breath taking thought.

No comments: