18 September 2007

2 weeks to go

I have 9 minutes to write this to you.

I've down to mangaged my minutes out it's so crazy here. Please pray for endurance, for my to remember what is important to me in this time and not try for more then I can take.

This is the last week of lectures, next week I think we might have two and then we have a lot of packing and getting ready for outreach. Yet this week I have to get my last book report done (due Friday), prepare my creative presentation (presenting Friday) work with my group to get our movie presentation done (presenting Friday), do my journal (due Monday but I still don't have it back from Jenn yet), get letters with the official Turkey pictures sent which means getting to the post office during operating hours, I have to work with Liz about a video part of mine that somehow got deleted. I also have to be in lectures for 3 more days, tonight one of our staff is having a huge 21st birthday party, Friday night we're back in Christchurch for our last night of Evangelism and Saturday our whole school is going to Methven. In and amongst this I need to be getting everything set for Turkey which means getting a calling card so I can call my bank, call home, and such. Honestly it's so hard because my heart wants to just sit and talk and be the shoulder and invest in relationships which are so important to me and which are radically going to change now as we head into outreach but its' so hard when I know I have to so much that is due and I'm so anal about getting it all in on time.

But God is good, lectures this week are amazing and if our schedule was any different it wouldn't be right, this is exactly what I prayed for. I would rather die of exhaustion then boredom and this time is so unique to who I am in this place.


Please know I do miss you, I desire to talk to everyone and send home trinkets and letters and what not but it is just so crazy here. I love you and miss you. Know I think and pray about all of you and that is so much more important.

1 comment:

mom said...

Mandi you can do it...feel God's peace in all the craziness you are feeling...stop worryng about communicating more with all of us back home... you don't need that added pressure...just do what you can to meet your deadlines there...it will all come together...PRESS ON!!...I love you Sweetheart OOOOOXXXXOOOOOO